Well… we are into the first week of ripping our new home apart…
I’m not sure what to say really, but oh my goodness what a project we have bitten off!
I feel in many ways like I’ve spent the last week chasing my tail as it is currently a little hard to see where we’ve been and measure progress. Which for a visual person like me is a little hard to stomach given how much work I feel like I’ve put in already. But I’m hopeful that will all change in the next few days. Because I know if it doesn’t then I will start to feel even more pressure against the ticking clock.
This week our first priority has been getting quotes done for all the work we plan to do. Tradeswoman after tradesman has traipsed in and out while I’ve watched more and more 000’s add to the price. It is a very time consuming process getting so many quotes all at once, but one that I know needs to be done in order to find the best people for the job…
Not to mention in order to decide where first to start!
Because with very limited funds available to do a very extensive amount of work, we are going to have to really think carefully, take one small bite at a time and exercise plenty of patience.
Not something I’m renowned for really…
After doing almost a complete 180 degree turn on some of our decisions, today at least we have formulated a reasonably clear plan of what we are planning to complete and when and I’ve started to pay deposits for things.
Eeeek scary but exciting biscuits!
I guess that’s progress in itself… Even if we can’t see much physical progress at the house.
More soon, with photos. I promise!