Dadadadada….. here is my finished quilt-as-you-go top:
I wanted to get this sewn together by the end of October and I’m 2 weeks ahead of schedule – amazing!! Maybe a little something to do with the fact that upon doing some measurements I discovered 56 blocks (the original goal) was actually a bit overkill – and 42 blocks would be about perfect (very glad I figured that out BEFORE I made the other 14 ahem!!). I chose a bright aqua sheet for the backing (decided a cotton sheet would make my life a lot easier than sewing strips together!!).
The final (approximate) size of the quilt is:
42 blocks in total – 7 blocks wide and 6 blocks tall.
They were 14 inches prior to finishing, so they will be somewhere around the 13.5 inch mark finished.
(I actually moved my needle over a mm or so when I was sewing my final blocks together, so my final seams were slightly more than 1/4 inch for this quilt. Because of it being quilt as you go I just wanted to be on the safe side and also in a few places my blocks were a bit wonky and sometimes the fabric didn’t go right to the edges of the batting and such like (shhhhh don’t tell anyone 😉 ).